Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wess Stafford - Between Two Worlds - Global Poverty

Wess Stafford grew up as a missionary kid in Africa. He's currently the head of Compassion International. (We support several kids through them.) 

I like what he had to say in this video about what Christians are called to do in terms of dealing with poverty issues - entering into the suffering of those who suffer. That's why I moved to Detroit after graduating from college. That's why we lived in the Mission district when we lived in San Francisco. (Although it's a gentrifying neighborhood at this point.) And I suppose that in moving to Fort Collins, it was to enter into my parents' suffering with Picks disease (although I feel much more detached from poverty issues here, though I know they're still prevalent). 

No comments:

Post a Comment