Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Who are you? <-- in one sentence

Jason, over at Sustainable Traditions, asked if he could republish my review of the book, Redeeming Creation. Along with the post, he wanted to include a one sentence bio.

Those things are tough to write.  How do you sum up your life in one sentence?

I finally settled on this. Hopefully it doesn't just describe me, but sounds like me as well.

Meg is the member of Cornerstone Pres. in Fort Collins, Colorado who is most likely to be found barefooted during a gathering, and though her husband prefers shoes, her three children often join her in padding about with bare feet.

I was really tickled with myself that I was able to mention the "wife and mother of 3" bit without quite saying it that way. I left out the "I am what I do for a living" idea entirely. And I was able to give a nod to our congregation even though we're not one of the funky, community-focused house churches that are probably more in vogue among those on the site.

So, now I'm curious. If you were getting reposted somewhere and you had to write a one sentence bio, what would you write?

6 comments:

  1. One of the countless wretches, saved by grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a link to the repost on the Sustainable Traditions site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meirav is a person who feels she is too complex to sum up in one sentence, no matter how many commas, dashes or semi-colons you might allow her to include; or possibly she is just too shy - or too lazy? - to attempt to describe herself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just came across this "tagline" that i made for myself ages ago on getsatisfaction.com:my heart is in detroit, my house is in colorado, and my piano is in san francisco.(that won't be true in a few weeks, though, when i finally pack up my piano and get the hubbie to schlep it across 1/2 the U.S.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, that's definitely a conversation starter :)

    ReplyDelete