Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Would You Like Fries With That Theory? Part Three | The BioLogos Forum

http://biologos.org/blog/would-you-like-fries-with-that-theory-part-three/
I discovered the BioLogos Forum this morning as I read through an article that my mom had sent me: Bruce Waltke headed to Knox Theological Seminary? (His move from the Reformed Theological Seminary to Knox was precipitated by some statements he apparently made in a BioLogos video (which I still need to dig up and watch).)

I particularly liked one statement in this article. Not only do I agree with it wholeheartedly, but I think a similar statement can also be made.

"Science is about finding out how the world is whether we like it or not." -- Karl Giberson

Theology is about finding out who God is whether we like it or not.

2 comments:

  1. BTW - BioLogos is a network of all kinds of Christians who have found a way to sync science with the Bible by reinterpreting the Bible. Dr. Enns was recently dismissed from Westminster (Philadelphia) because he was teaching that Genesis is parabolic and not really historical. Adam and Eve were types or symbols of Israel, not true historical figures, creation story in Genesis is only really talking about the creation of Israel, not of the world; etc. So, these men adapt theology to fit science. It's a retake on the German Critical Theology of the 1800s.

    ReplyDelete